11.05.2008

Huzzah!

Those who study history tend to be among the more cynical. I don't think they're necessarily more cynical than the next person, but in their historic brains lies a sundry list of how things go terribly and inextricably wrong. Cynicism is self-preservation. Tempered by years of historical study and the Bush years, you could say my heart was two sizes too small to allow myself to hope. So it is that last night my small, disbelieving Grinch-filled heart grew three sizes.

Huzzah!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I second that emotion.

Dolce Vita said...

I agree. I think I have perma-grin today. (Except when I hear the results of Ca's Prop 8 - I tried and am so sorry about this.)

SuperJew said...

Amen sister...I feel the cynicism slipping away. Totally unbelievable!!!!!

Rachel said...

I wouldn't even say I was more than "cautiously optimistic" before the election. :D yay!!!

Trust in Steel said...

Embrace cynicism, that way when something good happens you can be pleasantly surprised - it adds to the effect! Then comes the time for celebration!

kungfuramone said...

The Grinch metaphor is dead-on, dude.

boxfactoryboy said...

And I am sure now we are hoping this is a new day..and those folks waiting to crap on it because they don't think, or want to believe, the things this gentleman does have been successful will lamblast us everyone with an "I told you so". Now the proof will be in the pudding so to speak, and we have let the last idiot dig us into a very deep hole. Is history not littered with the bloody bodies of those who have tried? I am hopeful, as I see it things can only get going one way..that's up!
Please, remove this rant at your pleasure. I feel better now.