4.01.2008

40 years of note

good lookin' fam
First off, I have to say a big Hells Yes to my parents. This weekend was their 40th wedding anniversary. To say that they have been married to each other for 40 years and still voluntarily talk (to each other) is no small feat. The bro, sis, and I threw a little shin-dig for them with the fam and pals. I'm happy to report that good times were had by all. There were even a few cut-throat games of Mexican Train Dominoes in the weekend mix.

Second, I've heard from the intrepid Matt-O. He is still alive. In fact, he's doing quite well by any measure. Better than well by my own summation of things. I'll let him spread the good word a bit later when he's back within range of the interweb. But rest assured, he's messing about in the Cascades, soon to be out of the country, and shall return to a job.

That is all.

5 comments:

Ginny said...

sweet photo! so sorry I couldn't be there. meeting oscar will have to happen another time, dang-it.

boxfactoryboy said...

I have to say I had a great time and everything was 1st class. Say who is the old, gray, bald guy anyway? He doesnt take a very good picture, hope he is easier to look at in real life....I hear he can still talk. He learned how to say "yes dear" real well to make 40 years.

SuperJew said...

Awww look at E and the fam! Such a cut pix! 40 years is certainly an amazing accomplishment. My parents I think are going on 42? I still haven't figured out how they do it; it's a mystery!

You'll have to teach us this "Mexican Train Dominoes" at our next Oregonie reunion...

Rachel said...

agree with the previous statement... ;) Congrats to your parents!! That's so wonderful :)

Esther K said...

What a sweet family photo! I love it! Big CONGRATS to you Mom & Dad!!!