10.07.2007

Bits

the stowaway

This little yukon gold was a stowaway from a trip to a farm to gather early Fall gourds, fruits, and veggies. I did not purchase potatoes on the outing. When gathering my purchases before me at home I spied this lonely little potato. What does one do with a mini potato such as this? Not much. In fact, you sort of stare at it and shake your head. One potato. One wee potato. Shall I roast it? Cut it into mini-fries? Make hash browns? Perhaps carve a stamp and make Halloween cards?

On other topics, last night I had my October Bliss seriously disturbed by the garish glow of Christmas decorations. ****CHRISTMAS****!!!!????? What in the Sam Hill is that about? It's October! I'm seriously contemplating a Black Ops mission to deal with that. It is, in my humble opinion, absolutely unacceptable to display Christmas decorations outside of the month of December.

That is all.

8 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

I am so with you on the black ops mission. You know the code word; just drop me a line. I suggest we begin with the real culprits - big box stores.

the rambler said...

I vote that the sole potato become a Haloween stamp. My guess is that this potato would make a nice little ghost.

kungfuramone said...

Where you been livin' for the last 25 years, E?! October has always been when the stores start pitching Christmas crap. Yes, it's sick and wrong, but it is the way of things...

Beetlegirl said...

In my wee opinion, if we are going to start selling Xmas stuff in October, we should begin selling Halloween things in august. Halloween deserves it's own period of obsessive shoppers. Ahhem...like me...And I also vote for a Halloween stamp. On another note...I am having fun decorating because I know we are going to have a special guest in a few weeks to enjoy it all.....

another kind of nerd said...

totally in agreement with the stores... but these Christmas lights were civilian.

Trust in Steel said...

I concur with the opinion it is too early for xmas decor. How much vodka could be made out of that little potato?

Unknown said...

A stowaway! What was it running from, I wonder. Hey, you could take it on your Black Ops mission. Yukon golds are recruited by the CIA more often than any other potato. So I've heard.

Rachel said...

I find it sad that in their effort to make piles of money on Christmas, stores forget those who are obsessed with other fall holidays. I, for one, like all of the brown and orange fall stuff - and Halloween should get WAY more time than it does. Plus, most Christmas stuff being sold is plastic garbage from China, which is somewhat ironic when you think about it. Probably covered in lead paint.