4.03.2007

Richard Milhous Nixon

Well, I'm not a crook.

Why I love to despise Nixon, in list form:
  • he wore dress shoes at the beach
  • he had the best environmental record of any President... frankly, he looks like a saint next to W.
  • his excellent foreign policy, pragmatism might be an understatement
  • a secret plan to win the war in Vietnam; peace with honor... for the better part of 5 years
  • House Committee on Un-American Activities, helloooooooooo "pumpkin papers"
  • his own dog hated him
  • Addendum for KFR: Don't forget his virulent racism and antisemitism!

Yes, yes. Nixon. What to say? The man was fantastically paranoid. Interesting creature, that one. A big thanks to C., who gave me the great gift of a Nixon bobblehead. He's now hangin' out with my miniature Lincoln bust and my Matryoshka doll that has all the major General Secretaries of the Soviet Union (in appropriate hair/no hair order). And yes, Putin is the last and largest doll... tee hee hee.

Further proof that I remain, as ever, a Nerd.

5 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Don't forget his virulent racism and anti-semitism! That guy was the whole package.

Personal aside: music videos en route.

another kind of nerd said...

Brilliant. Smashing. Can't wait to get my little paws on 'em.

Rachel said...

i did a report on Nixon in 9th grade about how he was really misunderstood and got a raw deal. :) It wasn't too bad; i spent at least a half page talking about Checkers, his stupid dog (which apparently hated him?)

empress mermaid said...

unrelated:
are you still looking for a place? I know of a great one bedroom that may be coming available (don't know if it's rented already though) that I can check into for you.

another kind of nerd said...

Still looking. I've got one locked up, all I must do is say the word. But it is north of the river, so location works against it. I must give word soon.