2.16.2007

updates about waiting; or, hurry up and wait

deceptive bubbles
Deceptive Bubbles

Updates about waiting, updates about waiting.... what could be more fun than updates about waiting?

Beer: Attempt was made last night to gauge the readiness of the beer, the fizz, if you will. Let's just say there was no occasion to sing "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho. Though beer failed to live up to expectations of readiness, it only requires more time to get things right. We should all be so lucky. On a side note, the beer itself is a double IPA. It was dry-hopped twice and has a wonderful floral nose to it (as if we could waste a good beer made by our own hands simply because it was flat). But I still think I want to call it Bitter Pill. I'll gladly take any and all suggestions under advisement.

The Plague: I'm still battling the plague, some 2+ weeks after it came knocking on my door. Just when I think I'm improving, back-slide, back-slide, back-slide. Cough, Cough, Cough. The funny thing is, the big, deep coughs I still have don't bother me so much as the tiny kitten coughs. The little coughs that come on like a big cough but result in pathetic displays of sound and productivity. They remind me of coughs a really bad actor would utilize because they couldn't figure out the proper way to generate a stage cough.

That is all.

Understatement of Day:
coma inducing, more like it.

3 comments:

another kind of nerd said...

Update: use of codeine as cough suppresant necessitates increased consumption of fantastically strong coffee.

kungfuramone said...

Please to be sending me beer and codeine in the mail. I am thankings you in advancement.

Matto said...

This is what I have to say to the plauge (a cheer really). "Ra ra ree, kick it in the knee, ra ra rass, kick it in the other knee.