8.23.2006

Mac and Cheese Confirmation

Every once and again I'll eat something I don't particularly like just for confirmation. The food I most consistently try and don't like is the mushroom. Why mushrooms? It's a texture thing, really. They're squeaky, and not in the good squeaky cheese sort of way. My tastebuds also pick up some sort of metalic undertone that just doesn't make any sort of sense. But every couple of months, I try mushrooms again. Silly? yes. But I now like onions (mostly when they're cooked), so things change. Last night I didn't particularly feel like cooking and thus decided to put maccaroni and cheese to the test, yet again (boiling water for noodles doesn't count as cooking). I thought I might have found a winning horse with Annie's brand mac and cheese. Wrong. I could barely finish my little bowl and then immediately threw the rest away as leftover mac and cheese is even worse than mushrooms.

6 comments:

r? said...

try deep frying it.....mmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Did you notice the Annie's "Rabbit of Approval" on the box? You should buy some more just for that.
-Matt

another kind of nerd said...

I care nothing for this "Rabbit of Approval." I seriously doubt any self-respecting rabbit would venture anywhere near Mac and Cheese.

Anonymous said...

I killed a rabbit with a sling shot last week.

Anonymous said...

True - I doubt a rabbit would eat Mac and Cheese, but I thoroughly enjoy the play on words that the "Rabbit of Approval" provides. And it is a funny drawing.

another kind of nerd said...

I really have no response to that. Well... that's a bit much, dude.